Big Apple


 
Just got back from a fun trip to the Big Apple with my mom.  Traveling with my mom is so much fun--we went to lots of yummy dinners, shopped, and walked 'til we dropped.  We walked from our hotel on 5th Ave for 30 blocks to The Metropolitan Museum of Art.  It was a lovely stroll, but don't suggest it before you have to stand in a museum for several hours after a 30 block walk.  As always, I was blown away by The Met.  My favorite exhibit was the Impressionist gallery-I felt like I was floating through a dream looking at the massive collection of Monet, Manet, and Van Gogh paintings.  I also got see some works I have never seen before by my favorite artist Matisse.  New York is so lovely and exciting, yet I have to say I was so happy to come home to the cozy city of San Francisco!



It was a treat to also go to Long Island, which is where my mom is from.  I got to see some of her old haunts and we even drove by the house she grew up in. 



I hope to visit you again New York!

No comments: