A Summer Dress in the Winter

(dress- Leifsdottir, shoes-Coach, earrings-F21, tights-Hue, shawl-Marciano, flower hair pin-Clarie's)

This Leifsdottir dress is one of my favorite dresses. I got it on super sale at Anthropologie this summer b/c the zipper was broken.  There was only one on the sale rack and it happened to be my size--score!  All I had to do was repair the zipper and I got the summer dress I had been lusting over in the Anthro window all summer.
This is my take on winter florals.  I love this summer dress, but wanted to make it more seasonally appropriate so I paired it with black to give it more of a classic Film Noir feel. 
The the only thing in the outfit that wasn't black was the dress-- purple almost black lips, black fishnets, black ankle boots, black shawl, black giant flower hair clip, black liquid eyeliner and black earrings.
The best part of an outfit like this is that I didn't have to wait until the sun came out in the Summer to wear it again! 


2 comments:

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

I love thye embellishments on the fur shawl =)

Sabina said...

I love this look. I especially loved the sequin piece. Is it a bolero or a shawl?

http://mystylecanvas.blogspot.com