This personalized DIY monogram is a great way to add some flair to your room.
I made this for my sister for Christmas and kept it in the white color scheme as she mostly has whites in her room.
Here are the steps below to make your personalized DIY monogram.
Supplies for this project:
- 1 letter of your choice. (I got mine at Paper Source, but you can get them at any craft store)
- 1 picture frame of your choice.
- paint. (to paint the letter the color of your choice so it isn't the standard brown it comes in)
- any items of your choice to collage (I used scraps of lace, pressed flowers, feathers, cut up graph paper, rhinestones, silk/dry flowers and buttons)
Steps to Make your personalized Monogram:
- Paint your letter with a couple coats of paint to get the color you want on the background of it.
- Once the paint dries on your letter start collaging it with your inspiration! My suggestion is to make patterns that follow the shape of your letter to emphasize its geometric shape.
- Take out the glass from the frame. Insert a sheet of paper into the frame (this will be your background). I used graph paper for mine, but you can use a collage of different paper, photos or a sheet of colored paper.
- Once you are done with your letter, glue it onto the sheet of paper yo put inside your frame.
- Now go wild and decorate the actual frame. The more stuff the better as it will really capture the mood you want.
- Then you can add some more collaged pieces on the inside of your frame around the letter if you want to add some more flare. (you can see I added the paper lace on the inside around the D and a little feather/flower section on the top right inside corner)
Now you are done and have a personalized monogram!
This is a great project to do for yourself or a great personalized gift to give someone for their Birthday.