Bouquets to Art


Last night I attended the gala at the SF De Young Museum to celebrate the new exhibit Bouquets to Art.  Bouquets to Art features 150 floral designers prominent in the Bay Area who design a floral arrangement to complement a piece in the permanent collection of the museum.
The gala was a fun way to get dressed up, drink cocktails in the museum, listen to live music and wander around the museum all night. 
My sister and our boyfriends attended the gala in honor and support of my mom (Savage Rose Florals) who was one of the floral designers to create a piece at the museum.
Everyone should go this week if you live in SF to visit the museum since it only lasts though Sat 3/19.
I wore my vintage polka dot dress and DIY floral garland head piece to be festive for the event.


Below is my mom’s amazing floral piece. 
The art piece in the permanent collection she got assigned is the ancient Mayan stela.
  My mom decided to focus on the headdress with large plumes to base her arrangement on. 
The flowers looked even more spectacular in person.  I am so proud of her work! 



Below are other pieces from the exhibit to give you a sneak peak into the creativity of the floral world!



If you are in San Francisco this week you must attend this exhibit! 
Visit the De Young Museum site for more information here.
Visit my mom's site to see more of her work here.

5 comments:

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

Ooh love the dress, looks sp pretty. Love the dots. But what I love most are the details. The hair piece and of course the shoes. Love the fact that your hair piece is the opposite of the dress: black and white vice versa. The delicate details on the bag makes it even more special. Hope you had fun

cuteredbow said...

You are so feminine and your style is great !

http://cuteredbow.blogspot.com

Chicca said...

Stunning look, your dress is beautiful!!!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Cee said...

Looks like you had tons of fun at this event, and what fabulous dress you chose to wear! I love the length- so dramatic :)
xox,
Cee

LizAnn said...

Stunning look! I adore the polka dots on you! Phenomenal! :)

LizAnn
VPV Intern
http://www.ShopVPV.com