A Story by the Sea


 
(skirt-$5 @ Alameda Antique Faire, shoes-Nine West, purse-Vintage,lace tank-Crossroads,yellow lace bra-GapBody,hat-Vintage,necklace-gift from Alameda Antique Faire, belt-Wasteland) 

-Photos by Mr. Mario- 
We had a blast taking these photos on our day trip to Half Moon Bay.
I got this skirt for $5 at the Alameda Antique Faire
I love the cheerful colors of the flowers and how they pop on the black ground on the skirt.
I am embracing long skirts--as they are totally effortless to wear and provide both comfort and chic drama at the same time.  
Even though I am petite, I'm figuring out how to make the maxi length work on me. 
My advice to petite girls is to let the volume of the skirt speak and wear a fitted top to contrast the volume on the bottom. 
This creates length as opposed to getting lost in the skirt.
Hooray for gypsy skirts being such a pretty and girly item to wear this Spring / Summer! 

3 comments:

Freya said...

Stunning outfit (again!)
Right from the cute trilby, the sunnies, the lovely necklace, the cool top, and finally, that amazing maxi skirt!
Serious skirt envy!
Love your shoes too!

xo

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

you look amazing! yout outfits always are so bright! x

Barbara von Enger said...

Ah, to be beachside at Half Moon Bay must be exquisite - you look like summer itself - and I adore your floral skirt and all the other fanciable fancies;-) XX